Prof Jeff Camkin
Professor (Water Resource Management), Centre of Excellence for Ecohydrology, The University of Western Australia
Jeff Camkin has qualifications in Applied Science and Natural Resources Law and has held a wide range of positions in water, irrigation and fisheries research, policy and management over the past 20 years.
Jeff is Professor (Water Resource Management) in the Centre of Excellence for Ecohydrology at The University of Western Australia, Visiting Professor at the National Laboratory of Civil Engineering, Portugal, Research Associate at the UNESCO International Centre for Coastal Ecohydrology and Coordinator for the UNESCO HELP program in Australia.
He has extensive national and international networks and as a Churchill Fellow, Australian National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage Travel Fellow, and CRC for Irrigation Futures Visiting Scientist developed a strong understanding of global water issues.
- Post Graduate Diploma (Natural Resources Law), Wollongong University (1997)
- Australian Water Industry Executive Program, Monash University (1997)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Fisheries), Australian Maritime College (1992)
Research Interests and Expertise
- Governance of water and other natural resource management
- Water resources policy, allocation and management
- Bridging the science, policy, stakeholder divide
- Improving integration of multiple scientific disciplines for better science impact