Publications and resources list
Restoration and rehabilitation
Publications and resources
- Bunn, S.E, Abal, E.G, Smith, M.J, Choy, S.C, Fellows, C.S, Harch, B.D, Kennard, M.J, and Sheldon, F. (2010). ‘Integration of science and monitoring of river ecosystem health to guide investments in catchment protection and rehabilitation’, Freshwater Biology, vol.55, pp. 223-240.
- Dudgeon, D. 2005. River management for conservation of freshwater biodiversity in monsoonal Asia. Ecology and Society 10(2): 15. [online]
- Fryirs, K., and G. J. Brierley. 2009. Naturalness and place in river rehabilitation. Ecology and Society 14(1): 20. [online] URL: http://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol14/iss1/art20/
- Hermoso, V., Pantus, F., Olley, J., Linke, S., Mugodo, J., Lea, P., (accepted) Systematic rehabilitation planning in freshwater environments: triage to seriously ill ecosystems. Freshwater Biology
- Lloyd, L and Arthington, A.H (2011). Gambusia holbrooki, invasive species compendium, CABI, California
- Speldewinde, P.C (n.d), ‘Reinventing the wheel: teaching restoration ecology without the ecology’, Bioscience Education, DOI 10.3108/beej.15.c1
- Stewart-Koster, B, Bunn, S.E, Mackay, S.J, Poff, N.L, Naiman, R.J and Lake, P.S (2010). ‘The use of Bayesian networks to guide investments in flow and catchment restoration for impaired river ecosystems’, Freshwater Biology, Vol55, pp.243-260
- Treadwell, S., Koehn, J., Bunn, S. and Brooks, A. (2007). Wood and other aquatic habitat. In: Lovett, S. & Price, P. (eds.) Principles for riparian lands management. 117-140. Land and Water Australia, Canberra.
- Wohl, E., P. L. Angermeier, B. Bledsoe, G. M. Kondolf, L. MacDonnell, D. M. Merritt, M. A. Palmer, N. L. Poff, and D. Tarboton (2005), River restoration, Water Resour. Res., 41,
- Young, R, and Collier, K, 2009, 'Contrasting responses to catchment modification among a range of functional and structural indicators of river ecosystem health', Freshwater Biology (2009) 54, 2155–2170