5th IWA Cities of the Future Conference, Sydney, February 9-11 2015
IWC CEO Mark Pascoe, Senior Lecturer and Education Program Manager Dr Brian McIntosh and IWC Lecturers Dr Steven Kenway and Dr Briony Rogers are among the speakers presenting at the conference.
The IWA Cities of the Future programme’s vision is that water security, in the wider UN definition, can be achieved through integrated urban design and services. This will be a major opportunity to network and connect with global leaders in research, practice and policy.
The conference continues a decade long progression of cutting edge thinking on opportunities, as cities develop, for:
- Water resource use efficiency at the system level
- Efficient and low carbon energy solutions and their nexus with waste and heating
- Aesthetic co-design of water function and urban landscape
- Joint optimisation at the system level of water and other elements of urban infrastructure (energy, waste and transportation)
- Joining up the planning, development and regulatory processes at the city level to achieve these ends
Unique to the Sydney 2015 Cities of the Future Conference is the coming together and dissemination, in partnership, of some very special work undertaken by Australia.
>> Register now