Emerging River Professional Award
The Emerging River Professional Award (ERPA) is an initiative of the International RiverFoundation and has been established to recognise and foster those in the early stages of their careers in rivers.
The award is open to all river professionals who have been working in their field for ten years or less, and have demonstrated exceptional and measurable achievements in rivers, basins or river-dependent communities. A wide range of professionals contribute to the future of our rivers and this award is open to professionals of all disciplines – whether scientists, policy makers or on-ground river managers.
This important initiative identifies and rewards individuals in the early stages of their careers who have demonstrated innovation, excellence and leadership in river, basin or river-dependent community management. Whilst teams are essential in all facets of river management, this award focusses on individual achievements and contribution, rewarding dedication, innovation and leadership.
ERPA finalists will be afforded the opportunity to present the outcomes of their work at the Riversymposium, and the winner will be announced during the Riverprize Gala Dinner on Tuesday 16 September.
If you feel that you have undertaken noteworthy work in this area, we encourage you to consider entering this prestigious Award and let your achievements and passion speak for themselves.
For updates: www.facebook.com/RiverProfessionalAward
Who can enter?
Australian or international professionals who have been working in their field for 10 years or less who:
- Can demonstrate leadership and positive outcomes in a river related area or who can showcase outstanding research in water/river related field
- If selected, are available to attend the 17th International Riversymposium, and
- Have completed their work (or a phase of a larger project) within the 2013 calendar year (although work could have commenced at an earlier date).
How do I enter?
- Read the call for entries and associated guidelines carefully to ensure your eligibility
- Complete the entry form, showcasing your leadership and initiative in the river/waterways sector
- Email your entry form and associated documents to ERPA by 31 July 2014.
- 31 July - Applications close – 5.00pm AEST
- 15 August - Finalists announced
- 23 August - Register online for Riversymposium
- 5 September - Submit short video
- 15 September - Present at Riversymposium
- 16 September - Winner announced at Riverprize Gala Dinner