Position available - Education & Training Assistant
Provide support to the Senior Lecturers, Lecturers and Education Support Officer of the IWC Master of Integrated Water Management, specifically to:
- Maintain electronic databases and the MIWM filing system.
- Assist with the logistics of the MIWM program including arranging guest speakers, field trips, travel and catering
- Receive, distribute and file student assignments and material from the MIWM program
- Order stationery and equipment for the Education and Training Team.
- Maintain MIWM library located at The University of Queensland
A successful candidate will have:
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks, and work in a high pressure environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Well-developed written communication skills, and the ability to prepare high quality documentation including reports, presentations and communications using a range of software packages particularly MS Office
- Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to communicate and liaise with a range of stakeholders
- Interest in and knowledge of water and related environmental issues
- Knowledge and experience of the higher education sector
We are seeking an energetic and motivated person who can continue to learn and develop, and has the capacity to quickly structure and analyse tasks, processes and problems, can work independently and in a team as required, and has a high level of attention to detail and quality outcomes. This is a full-time, permanent position. Salary is based on qualifications and experience: $34,000 - $36,000, plus 9% super.
Applications close COB 3rd June 2011.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, CV and a 2 page response to criteria to International WaterCentre, firstname.lastname@example.org.