Position available - IWC Communications Officer
The Communications Officer is responsible for the planning and execution a range of communication activities to build IWC’s national and international profile. This position reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Develop and implement a communications and media strategy
- Update IWC website and social media channels with relevant information
- Write copy for all IWC promotional materials e.g. media releases, quarterly electronic newsletters, website material, brochure text, journal articles, advertising, and research and project portfolios.
- Promote IWC’s activities and achievements through press releases, articles, stories and advertising in public and member university media, social media and industry journals.
- Support the IWC Marketing and Communications Manager with ad-hoc marketing tasks as required. Such tasks may include the preparation of mailouts, email campaigns, market research, reports, database maintenance and assistance with the promotion of IWC Scholarships.
- Assure a professional standard of quality for all IWC written communications through development of a style guide, and editing, proof-reading and formatting of reports, proposals, brochures, education and training documents, marketing documents, letters, etc.
- Assist project managers with all project communications materials e.g. fact sheets, media releases, stories and editorials, editing and proof-reading, science writing and general communications support.
- Source and publish professional articles in IWC and external media.
- Liaise with IWC researchers, stakeholders and clients as required in a professional manner.
- Contribute to an efficient and effective team operation to achieve IWC business goals.
A successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, public relations or journalism.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of communications plans and strategies.
- Highly developed written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to produce quality written communications and marketing materials.
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of software packages, specifically MS Office including Excel and ability to quickly learn new systems (e.g. website and computer software, emailing systems, etc)
- Demonstrated experience working with content management systems, including basic knowledge of HTML.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team with shared responsibilities, and also to work with a significant degree of initiative and independence.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities to meet tight deadlines and deliver quality outputs.
- Working knowledge of the water or environmental or tertiary education sector.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and a resume to the International WaterCentre: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close COB Monday 28 November 2011. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview after this date.
Package based on qualifications and experience ($45,000 – $50,000, plus 9% superannuation). Start in January 2012.
07 3123 7766