Position available - Personal Assistant/Receptionist
Provide personal assistance support to the Chief Executive. Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Management team and wider IWC office.
Provide personal assistance support to the Chief Executive:
- Manage the diary of the Chief Executive, including email and task lists.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Chief Executive.
- Co-ordination of IWC Board meetings, including diary management, preparation of meeting papers, minutes and general logistical functions.
- Arrange domestic and international travel and accommodation bookings for the Chief Executive and Management staff as required.
Provide administrative support to the Management team and wider IWC office:
- Co-ordinate meetings of the Management team; including document preparation, venue and catering requirements.
- Perform receptionist duties, providing a courteous and professional first point of contact for incoming telephone calls and visitors to the IWC office.
- Co-ordination and assistance with IWC annual events e.g. Staff Retreat and IWC Partners Forum.
- Assist with maintaining and updating the IWC Policies and Procedures Manual.
A successful candidate will have:
- At least three years personal/executive assistance experience in a similar position.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, monitor and coordinate administrative processes and information flows to meet tight deadlines.
- Well developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate, negotiate and liaise with a range of stakeholders on a wide range of issues.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team with shared responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment and maintain high quality outcomes.
- Well developed administrative skills with the demonstrated use of initiative and judgement where practices and direction are not clearly defined.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to, and use, existing (such as the MS suite) and new office technologies (e.g. computer software, electronic communication systems) for efficient and effective delivery of services.
Applications close COB Monday 25 July 2011
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and a 2 page response to the selection criteria to the International WaterCentre - email@example.com
Package based on qualifications and experience ($45,000 – $50,000)