United Nations Association of Australia World Environment Day Awards 2010
Award categories include:
WSP Lincolne Scott Sustainability Leadership Award
- Award for environmental, social and commercial best practice program for business.
Szencorp Green Building Award
- Best non-industrial building project that has demonstrated excellence in the implementation of innovative eco-sustainable solutions in our cities.
Virgin Blue Business Awards
- Best specific environmental initiative; and
- Environmental best practice program.
Department of Sustainability and Environment Biodiversity Award
- Excellence in the development and management of Australia’s biodiversity, awarded in recognition of 2010 being the United Nations International Year of Biodiversity.
Meeting the Greenhouse Challenge Award
- Excellence in the implementation of innovative strategies for greenhouse gas reduction.
Excellence in Marine and Coastal Management Award
- Best company, organisation, community or individual that has demonstrated excellence in marine and coastal management.
Excellence in Sustainable Water Management Award
- Best company, organisation, individual or community group that has demonstrated excellence in water and coastal management.
- Best school based project exploring environmental themes or issues.
- Best community based environmental project or initiative.
- Outstanding service to the environment.
Local Government Awards
- Excellence in overall environmental management; and
- Best specific environmental initiative.
Media Award for Environmental Reporting
- Excellence in environmental reporting.
Nominations Close 5pm, Friday 14th May
For complete guidelines, entry criteria and nomination forms, please visit www.unaavictoria.org.au.
The Awards will be presented at the Presentation Dinner to be held Friday 4 June at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne.
For further information: (03) 9670 7878, or email@example.com .