World Environment Day Awards now open
The Awards invite nominations from individuals, organisations and businesses that have taken positive steps towards sustainability and demonstrated environmental excellence in their homes, schools, communities and workplaces.
This year, the Awards celebrate the International Year of Sustainable Energy for All and United Nations World Environment Day 2012 'Green Economy: Does it include you?'.
The 2012 Award Categories are:
- Biodiversity Award
- BHP Billiton Business Awards
- Virgin Australia Community Award
- Environmental School Award
- Excellence in Marine and Coastal Management Award
- Excellence in Sustainable Water Management Award
- Green Building Award
- Individual Award for Outstanding Service to the Environment
- Local Government Awards
- Media Award for Environmental Reporting
- Peter Szental Award for Sustainability Entrepreneurship
- Sustainability Education Award
- Sustainability Leadership Awards
ENTRY DEADLINE: 5pm, Friday 4 May
Winners will be announced at the Awards Presentation Dinner to be held on Friday 8 June at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne. For more information about the Awards, including entry criteria and nomination forms, please visit www.unaavictoria.org.au.
If you have any enquiries, don’t hesitate to contact the UNAA Victoria office on (03) 9670 7878 or via email: email@example.com.