11. Certified Training in International Standard for Water Stewardship
Delivered by: Declan Hearne, Senior Program Officer, International WaterCentre
Pablo Orams, Program Officer, International WaterCentre
About the course
Water stewardship offers a new approach to achieving water management outcomes that are socially equitable, environmentally sustainable and economically beneficial. The Alliance for Water Stewardship have developed an international standard to allow third party verification of corporate led initiatives. The course provides you with a framework and the skills to understand water use, the catchment context and shared risks in relation to water governance. Delivered through stakeholder participation that involves site and catchment based actions the International Standard for Water Stewardship teaches participants how to deliver collective outcomes that benefit people and the environment.
Completion of the Water Stewardship training will provide participants with the skills to:
- Mitigate current and future water risks
- Identify, prioritise and address on-site and off-site shared water challenges
- Deliver site and catchment based actions that maximise positive impacts for all stakeholders
- Undertake engagement and communication with key stakeholders
Who should enrol?
Corporate water users, the water and wastewater industry who are interested in application of the standard.
Sustainability professionals, catchment managers and those working in water policy with an interest to become promoters of the approach.
More informationVera Magazzeni
T +61 7 3014 0290