9. Changing Behaviour for Water Sensitive Cities
Led by: Sarah Kneebone, Research Officer, BehaviourWorks Australia
Dr Paula Wright, Research Fellow, BehaviourWorks Australia
Dr Angela Dean, Senior Research Fellow, BehaviourWorks Australia
About the course
The behaviour of households and communities affects all aspects of their interactions with water, from water consumption to flood preparation, support for new water initiatives and bill payment. The course will provide participants with an introduction to behaviour change science, an understanding of some key concepts and how they can be applied to support water quality, utility operation, wastewater management, and more.
Participants will benefit from a greater understanding of:
- What behaviour change is and how it can be applied in policy and planning
- Identifying target audiences for program application
- How behaviours can be prioritised for decision-making
- Potential barriers to behaviour change
- Using intervention design to influence behaviours
- Opportunities for behaviour change action within their professional practice.
Who should enrol?
More informationVera Magazzeni
T +61 7 3014 0290