5. Collaborative Approaches to Flood Risk Management.
Led by: Charlotte Beresford, Senior Project Officer, International WaterCentre
About the course
Designed to encourage a coordinated, multidisciplinary and integrated approach to Flood Risk Management this course offers a blend of theoretical learning and practical exercises using participants’ experiences in flood management to explore international and local case studies. Using lessons from Brisbane, Australia and across the globe, this course will encourage participants to explore solutions to managing flood risk that contribute to resilient, adaptive and sustainable communities and cities.
By the end of this course, participants will understand the importance of a collaborative approach to delivering Flood Risk Management and have a collective understanding of:
- Flood behaviour, flood risk and the terminology used in Flood Risk Management
- The suite of management measures using a Plan, Prepare, Respond, Recover framework
- Roles and responsibilities in delivering Flood Risk Management
- The value of Floodplain Management Plans in delivering integrated outcomes
- Various approaches to communicate flood risk and improve community resilience through increased awareness and preparedness
- Best practice in urban design of public spaces that deliver multiple benefits for flood management, urban amenity, community use and urban ecosystems.
Who should enrol?
More informationVera Magazzeni
T +61 7 3014 0290