IWC Masters Scholarships (Domestic)
2017 Scholarships (Domestic) - now open!
Applications are currently open for domestic candidates (closing date: 1 November 2016)
You are a domestic candidate if you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand or an Australian permanent resident. Note that scholarship applications are now closed for international candidates.
The International WaterCentre (IWC) is currently offering up to two full scholarships for domestic candidates for entry in the MIWM program starting in Semester 1, 2017.
IWC Scholarships (full tuition + flights to Brisbane)
Number and value
Each scholarship covers the program’s full tuition fees.
Each scholarship will also cover the cost of airfares from any other capital city in Australia or New Zealand to attend the mandatory 'intensives' in Brisbane. Full details in the scholarships Terms and Conditions (PDF).
Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents and New Zealand citizens who meet the minimum eligibility requirements (below).
To apply for a scholarship, you must have all of the following:
- A completed undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution
- At least two years of professional experience (paid work or volunteering experience) relevant to the program. Although professional experience is not essential for admission in the MIWM program, candidates with relevant professional experience have a higher chance of securing a scholarship – see Selection Criteria below.
Typically, successful scholarship recipients possess an excellent academic record and several years of relevant professional experience.
The Scholarship Selection Panel will use the following selection criteria (below) to assess and rank applications:
- Leadership qualities including
collaboration and team work, flexibility, initiative, communication
skills, integrity and vision through professional, educational,
community and other achievements.
- Professional and volunteering record: relevant employment and volunteering experience, achievements, membership of professional bodies and professional references.
- Academic record: an excellent academic record and a likelihood of success in further study.
- Commitment to promoting and driving the implementation of collaborative, whole-of-water-cycle, integrated and interdisciplinary approaches to water management.
- Potential outcomes: the likelihood of positive impacts on the individual and the water sector from participating in the MIWM program.
Terms and Conditions
Before you apply for a scholarship, please read the IWC Masters Scholarships, Domestic - Terms and Conditions (PDF).
How to apply
Applications for the IWC Masters Scholarships (Domestic) are currently open - closing date: 1 November 2016.
> STEP 1 - Submit an application for a scholarship:
> STEP 2 - Also submit an application for admission into the MIWM program at The University of Queensland: https://apply.uq.edu.au/
Important dates (for domestic candidates)
- Scholarships close: 1 November 2016 - 5:00pm AEST
- MIWM program will commence in February 2017 at The University of Queensland (Brisbane, Australia)
All applications for IWC Masters Scholarships (Domestic) will be assessed after the 1 November, once all applications have been received.
Only those candidates who have received an unconditional offer of admission into the MIWM program at UQ will be considered for the scholarships.
The Scholarship Selection Panel will select successful recipients based on the selection criteria aforementioned.
Successful recipients will be notified (via email) on 18 November 2016. The value of their scholarship will be outlined in their scholarship offer letter from IWC.
More details about the scholarships selection process can be found in the Scholarships Terms and Conditions (PDF).
Questions regarding scholarships or program content
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +61 7 3014 0200
Questions regarding MIWM program admission
Domestic students: please contact The University of Queensland directly with questions relative to your application for admission in the MIWM program: AdmissionsEnquiries@admin.uq.edu.au
IWC Masters Scholarships - previous recipients stories