IWC Partial Scholarships
To support future water leaders, the International WaterCentre (IWC) offers partial scholarships to every self-funded student who enrolls in an IWC Integrated Water Management postgraduate program (Masters, Graduate Diploma, or Graduate Certificate) commencing in Semester 1, 2017.
Self-funded students are international and domestic students who do not receive any full-tuition scholarship or any scholarship already provided by IWC. Note: students who receive a loan (eg. FEE-HELP) or funding from their employer remain eligible for a partial scholarship.
The partial scholarship aims to cover part of the program's tuition fees. It is available for full-time (1.5 years) or part-time/distance study* (3 years).
To receive a partial scholarship, eligible students must receive an unconditional offer of admission from The University of Queensland (UQ) into the IWC Master of Integrated Water Management (or Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma) commencing in Semester 1, 2017 and have successfully enrolled in the program by February 2017.
Partial scholarship value
Each Scholarship has a total value of $7,000 AUD for the full International Masters program or $9,000 AUD for the full Domestic Masters program. It is payable progressively, each semester, directly to The University of Queensland, as follows:
- Semester 1 (Graduate Certificate): $3,000 AUD
- Semester 2 (Graduate Diploma): $3,000 AUD
- Semester 3 (Masters): $3,000 AUD
> Part-time/distance study (DOMESTIC)(based on a study load of 2 modules per semester):
- Semester 1 and 2 (Graduate Certificate): AU$1,500/semester ($3,000 in total for 2 semesters)
- Semester 3 and 4 (Graduate Diploma): AU$1,500/semester ($3,000 in total for 2 semesters)
- Semester 5 and 6 (Masters): AU$1,500/semester ($3,000 in total for 2 semesters)
For international students, each partial scholarship has a total value of $7,000AUD (unless otherwise specified) plus the cost of return flights to Australia (see below for terms and conditions) for the whole Masters program. The partial scholarship is payable each semester towards tuition fees as follows (unless otherwise specified):
- Semester 1 (Graduate Certificate): $2,000 AUD
- Semester 2 (Graduate Diploma): $2,000 AUD
- Semester 3 (Masters): $3,000 AUD
Part-time study is not available for international students.
The Scholarship is not redeemable for cash. The Scholarship will be paid directly to The University of Queensland.
Recipients are responsible for paying the remainder of the tuition fees each semester and all other associated study or living expenses.
Note: International students cannot use the partial scholarship as a way to fund their tuition fees deposit to accept their offer of admission in the Program from The University of Queensland
Bonus offer: flights to Australia refund
In addition to the partial scholarship, IWC will refund flights to Australia for self-funded international students who hold currently reside and hold a passport from the United States, Canada or a country member of the European Union.
This offer is only valid for return economy class airfares to and from Brisbane via the most direct route and up to the maximum value of $2,500 AUD including all taxes.
This offer is subject to pre-approval from IWC - please read the full terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
Please read complete partial scholarships and bonus offer Terms and Conditions (PDF).
How to receive a partial scholarship
You do not need to complete a scholarship application form.
To receive a partial scholarship, simply:
- Apply for the program at The University of Queensland (UQ). Note applications will close on 30 November 2016 for international students and 31 January 2017 for domestic students (late applications may be considered, in this case, please contact IWC)
- If you meet all entry requirements UQ will send you an unconditional offer of admission. You need to formally accept your offer, and
- Enrol full-time or part-time/distance* as soon as online enrolments open and before the program begins on 25 February 2017.
* Note the part-time/distance study option is available only to domestic students (Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents).
Questions regarding partial scholarships, flights refunds or program content
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +61 7 3028 7600
Questions regarding MIWM program admission
Please contact The University of Queensland directly: