- IWC Masters Scholarships (full-tuition) - now closed. Applications for the next round will open again in May 2014. Read more
- IWC Partial Scholarships ($6,000) - now closed. More details will be published in late 2014.
Every year, the International WaterCentre (IWC) offers full-tuition scholarships to candidates who are accepted in the Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM). Several scholarships are awarded to applicants who clearly demonstrate potential to become water leaders of the future.
How to apply
*** Applications for full-tuition scholarships are now closed ***
Please check this page again in May 2014 for the next scholarships round.
- Full-tuition (valued at AU$ 48,240) for full-time or part-time/distance* study of the Master of Integrated Water Management
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for international students
Note: the scholarship does not include travel, accommodation, field work or living costs. These costs will be the responsibility of successful recipients.
* Part-time/distance study option is available only to Australian/NZ citizens and Australian permanent residents.
Who can apply
The scholarship is available to high calibre candidates to study the Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM) program.
Please note that the scholarship is only available to study the IWC Master of Integrated Water Management. It is not available for the IWC Graduate Diploma/Certificate programs or for any other program offered by IWC, partner universities or other institutions.
To apply for the scholarship, you must also apply for the MIWM program through The University of Queensland and meet the program entry requirements:
- A completed undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution
- English language proficiency, as demonstrated by an officially recognised test of English language proficiency (see The University of Queensland English requirements)
- Professional experience in a related field is preferred but not essential
Typically, successful scholarship candidates possess an excellent academic record and several years of relevant professional experience. The IWC selection panel uses the following selection criteria when assessing scholarship applications:
- Academic record: an excellent academic record and a likelihood of success in further study.
- Professional record: relevant employment experience, achievements, membership of professional bodies and professional references.
- Commitment to the whole-of-water cycle, integrated and interdisciplinary approaches to water management.
- Leadership qualities
including collaboration and team work, flexibility, initiative,
communication skills, integrity and vision through professional,
educational, community and other achievements.
- Potential outcomes: the likelihood of positive impacts on the individual and the water sector from participating in the MIWM program.
Please read IWC Masters Scholarships Terms and Conditions.
- 1 May: Masters Scholarships open
- 1 August: Masters Scholarships close for international applicants
- 1 October: Masters Scholarships close for domestic applicants (Australian/New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents)
Scholarship selection outcomes
Applications for the IWC Masters Scholarships will be assessed by a selection panel at the International WaterCentre.
The selection panel adheres to IWC's policy of non-discrimination for this process. Decisions of the selection panel are final and confidential. You will be notified of the outcome of your application:
- by 10 September if you are an international applicant, or
- by 11 November if you are a domestic applicant (i.e. Australian/New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents)
Questions regarding scholarships or program content:
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +61 7 3014 0200+61 7 3014 0200
Questions regarding program admissions:
Please contact The University of Queensland directly:
- UQ website
- Email (for international students): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email (for domestic students): AdmissionsEnquiries@admin.uq.edu.au