- IWC Masters Scholarships (full-tuition) - now closed. Applications for the next round will open again in May 2014. Read more
- IWC Partial Scholarships ($6,000) - currently available for 2014. Read more below.
IWC Partial Scholarships (AU$ 6,000) - now available!
To support future water leaders, the International WaterCentre (IWC) is offering partial-tuition scholarships (AU$ 6,000 each) to the first 10 students who enrol in an IWC Integrated Water Management postgraduate program (Masters, Graduate Diploma, or Graduate Certificate) for Semester 1, 2014.
There are 10 partial scholarships, available as follows:
- Five (5) partial scholarships for part-time/distance study* of the program; and
- Five (5) partial scholarships for full-time study of the program.
These scholarships are restricted to self-funded students (i.e. Australian and international students who do not receive any full-tuition scholarship or any other full-tuition funding from other organisations/institutions).
* Note the part-time/distance study option is available only to domestic students (Australian and New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents).
Partial scholarship value
Each Scholarship has a total value of AU$ 6,000 for the whole Masters program. It is payable as follows:
> Full-time study: AU$ 6,000 in total payable per semester towards tuition fees:
- Semester 1 (Graduate Certificate) AU$ 2,000
- Semester 2 (Graduate Diploma) AU$ 2,000
- Semester 3 (Masters) AU$ 2,000
> Part-time study: AU$ 6,000 in total payable per semester towards tuition fees (AU$ 1,000 per semester).
Partial scholarships will be paid directly to The University of Queensland.
Partial scholarships do not cover: travel, accommodation, living costs, medical cover, insurance and any other study-related expenses such as materials, books and equipment. These costs will be the responsibility of successful recipients.
Number of scholarships
Please read complete Terms and Conditions:
- Available only to cover part of the tuition fees for an IWC Integrated Water Management postgraduate program (Masters, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificate) commencing in 2014
- Available in the year of offer only
- Available only to self-funded students** who have been offered a place in the program and have enrolled in it
- The scholarship will be paid out equally over the semesters of study. The program must be completed within 3 consecutive semesters of full-time study or 6 consecutive semesters (3 years) of part-time/distance study.
- This scholarship will not available with any other IWC scholarship.
** Self-funded students are students who do not benefit from any other full-tuition funding, scholarship, grant or award from any institution, including IWC’s full-tuition Masters Scholarships.
How to apply
There is no separate application form for this partial scholarship.
To receive the scholarship:
- Apply for the program through The University of Queensland (UQ)
- If admitted in the program, formally accept your offer, and
- Be one of the first 5 students to enrol part-time/distance or 5 students to enrol full-time through mySi-Net (UQ’s online enrolment system). UQ will email you your login and password to access the system once you've accepted your offer and -if you're an international student - paid your tuition fees deposit.
- Once you've enrolled, IWC will notify you directly via email to let you know if you are successful in obtaining the partial scholarship.
Every year, the International WaterCentre (IWC) offers full-tuition scholarships to candidates who are accepted in the Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM). Several scholarships are awarded to applicants who clearly demonstrate potential to become water leaders of the future.
How to apply
*** Applications for full-tuition scholarships are now closed ***
Please check this page again in May 2014 for the next scholarships round.
- Full-tuition (valued at AU$ 46,200) for full-time or part-time/distance* study of the Master of Integrated Water Management
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for international students
Note: the scholarship does not include travel, accommodation, field work or living costs. These costs will be the responsibility of successful recipients.
* Part-time/distance study option is available only to Australian/NZ citizens and Australian permanent residents.
Who can apply
The scholarship is available to high calibre candidates to study the Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM) program.
Please note that the scholarship is only available to study the IWC Master of Integrated Water Management. It is not available for the IWC Graduate Diploma/Certificate programs or for any other program offered by IWC, partner universities or other institutions.
To apply for the scholarship, you must also apply for the MIWM program through The University of Queensland and meet the program entry requirements:
- A completed undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution
- English language proficiency, as demonstrated by an officially recognised test of English language proficiency (see The University of Queensland English requirements)
- Professional experience in a related field is preferred but not essential
Typically, successful scholarship candidates possess an excellent academic record and several years of relevant professional experience. The IWC selection panel uses the following selection criteria when assessing scholarship applications:
- Academic record: an excellent academic record and a likelihood of success in further study.
- Professional record: relevant employment experience, achievements, membership of professional bodies and professional references.
- Commitment to the whole-of-water cycle, integrated and interdisciplinary approaches to water management.
- Leadership qualities
including collaboration and team work, flexibility, initiative,
communication skills, integrity and vision through professional,
educational, community and other achievements.
- Potential outcomes: the likelihood of positive impacts on the individual and the water sector from participating in the MIWM program.
Please read IWC Masters Scholarships Terms and Conditions.
- 1 May 2013: Masters Scholarships open
- 1 August 2013: Masters Scholarships close for international applicants
- 1 October 2013: Masters Scholarships close for domestic applicants (Australian/New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents)
Scholarship selection outcomes
Applications for the IWC Masters Scholarships will be assessed by a selection panel at the International WaterCentre.
The selection panel adheres to IWC's policy of non-discrimination for this process. Decisions of the selection panel are final and confidential. You will be notified of the outcome of your application:
- by 10 September 2013 if you are an international applicant, or
- by 11 November 2013 if you are a domestic applicant (i.e. Australian/New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents)
Questions regarding scholarships or program content:
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +61 7 3014 0200
Questions regarding program admissions:
Please contact The University of Queensland directly:
- UQ website
- Email (for international students): email@example.com
- Email (for domestic students): AdmissionsEnquiries@admin.uq.edu.au