Have an IWC Masters participant work with you on your IWM projects
IWC’s Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM) delivers high quality, industry relevant projects of mutually-beneficial to both collaborators and participants.
Since its launch in 2008, the MIWM has delivered more than 100 projects in 45 countries, in collaboration with 113 organisations across the globe.
What is the IWM Project?
In their final course component, MIWM participants design and implement collaborative projects with organisations and communities seeking integrated solutions to complex water-related challenges.
Projects are firmly rooted to current or emerging water-related challenges, explored through integrated stakeholder and disciplinary viewpoints. Here, participant knowledge and skills are tested under the guidance of professional and academic expertise.
Projects can be set regionally or globally, in developed or developing country contexts (student scholarship and visa conditions permitting). Outcomes propose practical, integrated, best-practice solutions under these conditions.
The terms of collaboration are flexible. Options include voluntary or paid placements, provision of in-kind facilities and services, financing of project costs, or fixed-value sponsorship.
Why nominate an IWM Final Project?
Gain the opportunity to attract experienced professionals into your team to benchmark activities against leading integrated water management practice:
- Evaluate planned projects against industry and community-led practice
- Tackle complex challenges head on through innovative IWM approaches
- Meet sustainable targets via improved efficiencies and cost effective solutions
- Influence industry direction through integrated water management solutions
- Broaden your networks and recruit from our network of water practitioners
Projects can be delivered in one or two semester time frames (subject to the Master’s participants enrolment status), commencing in July, November or February each year.
Watch final project videos
- Student projects: www.watercentre.org/education/programs/highlights/student-projects
- Final projects course outline: www.watercentre.org/education/programs/structure/attachments/final-project-information-pdf
- Contact: Dr Karen Benn: email@example.com