Foundations of Water Stewardship
About the course
Water stewardship offers a new approach to achieving water management outcomes that are socially equitable, environmentally sustainable and economically beneficial.
The Alliance for Water Stewardship (AWS) have developed an international standard designed to support, recognise and reward collaborative efforts to manage shared water challenges, allowing third party verification of corporate led initiatives.
“Foundations of Water Stewardship” is the first level of a modular program for users of the AWS water stewardship system.
This course will equip you with the knowledge required to implement and promote water stewardship. You will be introduced to water stewardship and the AWS Standard, and how this innovative approach can support diverse water management goals and sustainability objectives.
The benefits to participants
Participants will gain international accreditation from AWS in Water Stewardship.
Completion of the Foundations of Water Stewardship course will deepen participants understanding of:
- How water stewardship can be situated within an overall suite of policy options for water management and contribute to organisational goals.
- The key elements of stewardship systems in general and how these are implemented in the AWS water stewardship system.
- The range of risk and conformity tools that can support water stewardship.
- How water stewardship is being applied in different contexts across the worlds.
- How to work through the process of becoming a water steward and use the AWS Standard.
Who should enrol
Corporate water users, the water and wastewater industry who are interested in application of the standard. Sustainability professionals, catchment managers and those working in water policy with an interest to become promoters of the approach.
Prerequisite: None required
T +61 7 3028 7600